It is something everyone can attain. People become successful because they use the knowledge that they have to create something for others and themselves.
If you’re an average student who gets C’s and B’s and loathe those straight A students, let me tell you something: stop. Stop loathing them. Stop wanting to be like them. Stop doing ridiculous things to get an A. Think about it, is the A really necessary? Will you die if you don’t get that A? Sure the the likelihood of a very good school’s acceptance may go down, but what can an acceptance to a good school do for you? Increase of knowledge and debt.
A person with a ton of knowledge is useless is he or she doesn’t apply it with something. That person may have spent approximately 20 years or so in school learning. That person leaves school and sits around and does not contribute to the community with the mass amount of knowledge that he/she has. It’s better to be someone who uses knowledge to do something creative than to be someone who got a PhD from Harvard and has no opinions on many issues.
If you don’t like your grades they can slowly turn into a bully that slowly defines a false you very quickly. Just use the knowledge you have and do something great with it to be your own success. Don’t let letters define what kind of student you are because you know best what kind of student you are. School is not about earning good grades to go to a Brand named school so you’ll be rich; it’s about learning and applying.
Southern California, the paradise of sun and beaches. Sometimes it’s not like that; it rains here too… but not very often. When it does we tend to put on many layers. I find that to be a problem.
I don’t like going in the rain getting my pants, shoes, and top wet and sitting in a classroom suffering the wetness. Yes, I will adapt to it in 20 minutes but once I stand up I will remember the uncomfortable wetness that will stay with me the rest of the day. If you’re like me and you hate suffering the wetness then this if what you should do: wear as little as possible. Wear shorts, flip-flops, and a thick hoodie. If you have a back-pack you should put a blanket and a sweater in there (this is if the classroom has strong AC). You might be cold when you’re walking from class to class but think about it. How long does it take for you to walk from class to class? How long do you stay in a classroom? So next time when it’s raining remember to wear as little as possible.
If you’re parents have been telling you your whole life that you can catch a cold from wearing too little in the cold weather they’re wrong. You get a cold in the cold weather from the bacteria that are floating around in the air not from wearing too little.
Take advice at own risk.
Quick science lesson: when you sneeze please cover your mouth with your sleeve. If not the germs will be floating around to find a host to reproduce.
Each person on a plane is like a grain of grinded medication in a pill capsule. If one of these grains was wet or contaminated the other around that grain would consequently become wet or contaminated. Being on the plane is the same thing. Everyone is locked in this very expensive, well-built pill capsule. If a person sneezes, he or she will transfer sickness to someone seated near. This is the pill effect. You are the little contaminated grain and you just got everyone else sick. Thanks for other grain’s trip to wherever. The bacteria that a person sneezes out can easily get into someone else’s system, assuming that our 1st line of sucks. The bacteria will stay in the air longer than usual because of the space we are locked in. The bacteria might travel far thus infecting people all over the plane. So next time you’re on a plane please remember this and cover your mouth; people around you would appreciate that very much.
If you think you’re mom hates you take these simple steps to make you’re mom love you this year.
- Give her flowers. It should not just be mother’s day when you show appreciation right? Why not give her flowers often to remind her how beautiful and special she is? You should not be doing this everyday or else it may loose purpose. Do this twice a month or once a week. It is better if these flowers are in a pot so she can plant it later and think about how sweet and great of a child you are.
- Show public affection. Now you have to do this in front of your friends. Hug her or hold her hand and say ‘I love you Mommy’ and she’ll be happy. Don’t run away and shake her hand or love hug off, she might begin to question “What if I didn’t give birth to this child? My life might have been better.” Showing public affection shows that you love her.
- Cook. Make her life easier by cooking a meal for the family and doing the dishes. Even better: ask her to teach you how to make one of her special dishes. She’ll think her cooking is phenomenal and you get to learn how to cook something special.
- Clean. Clean the floor, toilets, bathtubs, windows…everything. This is similar to cooking but it makes her feel better because she doesn’t have to do so much. It’s best if you clean the whole house at once. You’re burning calories and you’re making your mother happy.
- Get a job and/or get A’s. This one will make her happy for a few days. You’re earning money which means you’re beginning to experience more of life. You’re getting good grade which means you’re gaining more knowledge and will go to college someday. Both will make her very happy.
So this year try to make the woman who gave you life happy. Give her flowers, hug her, cook, clean, study, and get a job. She’ll be happy to see what a wonderful child she has brought up.
THESE ONLY WORK IF YOU ACTUALLY LOVE YOUR MOM. If you’re just doing this because your mom won’t give you money these steps won’t work because she’ll think “Why did he/she become nice all of a sudden?”
If you’re the student who is stressing about getting that A on all of your tests and holding many ‘useless’ leadership positions then you’re probably not happy. You might be doing all of this to get into the college of your dreams such as Harvard, Princeton, or Yale. Have you ever asked yourself if that is really necessary? Do you really need to go to that Ivy League? If you do, what will you do after you graduate from college? What will you do in life?
Many people in high school aren’t sure what they want to do besides going to a very good college, so they work extremely hard to get into a Brand-Name college. During this process they become very stressful, take challenging classes that they don’t like, and remember information that they hate and find useless.
Sure you’ll be extremely happy once the acceptance letter comes, but what happens when you go to your brand-name college? The whole cycle starts over again. What will you be working so hard for now? Probably a job that pays very well. But will you be happy doing that job?
Life as a high school student should be taking classes you like, enjoying the classes and learning from them. Use the things you learned from the classes to innovate.
Studies have shown that we tend to do better in the classes that we like. We should all be working hard for self-fulfillment and happiness. Stressing life over that A for the majority of our young years is pointless. When you’re older and you look back you probably won’t think “Wow, my life is so much better than it was 5 years ago because I had A’s.” Stress should be spent on things that you enjoy doing. All that matters is that you innovate from the things you enjoyed learning and that you’re happy while doing it. Life is short, so make is worthwhile.
Our economy is failing (but not as bad as everyone may think) because we are borrowing tons of money from China (literally), then we do some stuff with currency value to make us owe less money to China. Why would China allow this?
China allows this because they depend on us, their biggest consumers. If our private companies, such Walmart and Sears, stop making their product from China then we’d be in a perfect state right now. You’ve probably heard this before, but just in case you haven’t: China is rich because is exports more items than it imports (in another word’s they are receiving money from other countries). China had to let the US do its thing to satisfy the US because the Chinese are afraid that trade will stop. Since we’re drowning in a pool of debt we might as well make a temporary federal law to stop trade with China for 2 years or less and make our own products instead. We’ll may have more exports than imports, which means money for us! And trust me, many people from other countries would want items made in America so we’re definitely going to have more export than import.
We buy a $20-$200 case to give our iPhone’s identity. What we don’t realize is how to effectively use our case. Following are 3 ways to let your iPhone case come to use.
1. Use it as a wallet. If your case is very hard then you can put a bill in there ($1, $5, $10, $20, $100). Good thing about this, especially if you’re my age, is when your parents drop you off at a tutoring place and decide to pick you up 2 hours late you can use that money behind your wallet to buy yourself some lunch/dinner. If you were at the mall and ran out of money you can whip out your phone and open your case to take our some money to use.
2. Use it as a mirror. Cut a square of aluminum foil. Put in your case. you can use this piece of aluminum foil in two ways. You can use it as a mirror (not a very good quality one). This is good for some girls because you can tell if you put too much of one make up on. If give the I’m-staring-at-you-far-away effect. Another way if for electricity conductivity. If you were taking the SAT 2 listening test and brought earphones whose plugs are too small for the CD-player, you can wrap the aluminum foil around the plug to make plug bigger… and take your test. Or you can use it for other purposed, like starting a fire with your phone if you are out in the wild.
3. Use it as a “phone knife.” No, this does not mean to make a pocket knife your key chain. Get a little blade that you can get at any office supply store, wrap it in a little piece of tissue. So if one day you need to cut a box open or cut a string you can make your blade stick out of your volume hole and cute what ever it is you want.
Please know that you are trying all of these at your own risk. Make sure to have a piece of scratch paper to cover your money if your cover is transparent, make sure that you don’t press the knife down too hard or it might penetrate the other side and cut yourself.
Now you know 3 ways to better use your iPhone case.